Although, at its purest, organic maple syrup is a little on the costly side, it is worth its weight in gold. Naturally made maple syrup offers a ton of nutritional health benefits and much more than a leg up on the artificial maple flavor brands sold in stores. These supermarket syrups are not only void of vitamins & nutrients, they also are filled with high fructose syrup and chemical preservatives. Only about 20% of each bottle “actually” contains real maple sugar in a refined form.
Did you know that it takes approximately 40 gallons of maple sap to make one gallon of organic maple syrup? After researching it’s nutritional content, you cannot dodge the fact that organic maple syrup is well worth the efforts in producing due to a raft of health benefits.
Both Grade A and Grade B organic maple syrups are better alternatives than most store bought varieties commonly believed to be genuine “maple syrup”. However, many health gurus believe that the darker, richer, & more robust, organic Grade B maple syrup provides the highest nutritional value.
Organic maple syrup offers the following advantages to consumers:
- The syrup contains the mineral Manganese. Manganese synthesizes fatty acids & cholesterol, as well as, protects cells from free-radical damage.
- Pure maple syrup is high in zinc. The mineral zinc is required for the immune system to function properly, and when consumed in higher quantities, it may prevent and possibly repair damage to endothelial cells.
- Men may get a great health boost from maple syrup, because studies show that zinc content in this syrup promotes prostate function, sperm function & motility.
- Maple syrup provides energy in spades, due to the high levels of vitamins present, especially B vitamins.
- It’s filled with antioxidant compounds, which may help prevent diabetes, cancer, and dementia.
- It is a healthier alternative to store bought white sugar. This makes it a great replacement to sweeten up many different foods.
- Organic maple syrup is free of pesticides and chemicals, which may lead to illnesses down the road.
- Maple syrup not only provides health benefits galore, but it has a wonderful flavor, too. The darker the syrup, the richer the taste.
- In addition to its manganese, zinc, and vitamin content, maple syrup has lots of other benefits. This plain old syrup contains significant amounts of amino acids, which are the building blocks of protein. They are responsible for repairing and strengthening the body’s tissue.
When the multiple benefits mentioned above are taken fully into account, you can see clearly why so many people find real maple syrup to be the perfect compliment to their breakfast foods, as well as a great replacement for sugars lacking in sustenance.