Batana oil is extracted from the nuts of the Elaeis Oleifera aka American Oil Palm, which is native to South America. The ‘miracle oil’ has been used for centuries by indigenous cultures for its myriad of healing and hair growth properties, including its ability to stimulate hair growth, reduce shedding, and strengthen and protect existing strands. Batana oil benefits are rooted in Its high content of antioxidants, vitamins A and E, and fatty acids make it a powerful nourishing agent for the scalp and hair.
How is Batana oil obtained ?
The extraction of Batana Oil requires such painstaking manual labor that it makes this oil a rarity. Annually, each American palm tree yields 10-20 heavy-laden bunches of fruit.
First, the fruits are boiled to loosen the orange outer shell, then pounded to remove it, and at last, the nuts are extracted. After that, the nuts are cleaned, sun-dried, and broken with a stone to release the seed.
Ultimately, the kernels are heated to extract the oil. As the final product, the raw, smooth, brown solid paste is separated into its liquid oil and heavier components.
What Batana Oil Contains ?
Batana oil is a highly nutritious oil with a high content of vitamin E, which is one of the most important vitamins for skin health. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that helps protect the skin from UV radiation and environmental damage.
It also helps to reduce skin inflammation, wrinkles, and premature aging. It is also known to help improve skin elasticity and hydration.
These are the main constituents of Batana oil are –
- Tocopherols: They are a group of naturally occurring compounds, also known as Vitamin E, found in plants. They are fat-soluble antioxidants, which means they can protect cells from the damage caused by free radicals.
- Tocotrienols: Tocotrienols are another type of vitamin E that has been found to be effective in promoting healthy hair growth, reducing scalp inflammation and helping to protect the hair from environmental stresses.
- Omega 6 Linoleic Acid : They are known to have many benefits for hair and scalp health. They help to keep the scalp moisturized and hydrated, which helps to reduce dandruff and dryness.
- Phytosterols: They can help to nourish the hair follicles, promoting healthy hair growth. They help to strengthen the hair follicles, reducing hair breakage.
- Carotenoids : They help to protect the scalp from sun damage, which can cause scalp irritation and hair loss. Additionally, carotenoids can help to improve the overall health of the scalp by providing essential nutrients that promote hair growth.
Type of Hair it is suitable for
Batana oil benefits
Batana oil is native to the Caribbean and Central America. The oil has been used in the region for centuries and is now gaining attention in the United States and other countries due to its many benefits for hair. Batana is an excellent choice for skin softening, soothing, and fading stretch marks and scars.
#1 Reduces breakage and split ends
Batana oil is rich in oleic and linoleic acid, which makes it a great moisturizer for hair. Its light and non-greasy texture makes it easy to apply and it is quickly absorbed into the hair without weighing it down. It also contains essential fatty acids which can help to nourish and strengthen the hair from the roots. This can help reduce breakage and split ends, leading to healthier hair.
#2 Makes hair softer and shinier
Batana oil is also a great natural conditioner. Its high fatty acid content can help lock in moisture, leaving hair softer and shinier. It can help detangle hair, making it easier to manage and style. It can also help protect hair from the heat of styling tools, reducing the risk of damage.
#3 Protect hair from environmental damage
Batana oil is a natural source of antioxidants, which can help protect hair from environmental damage. This can help keep hair looking and feeling healthy. It can also help protect the scalp, reducing inflammation and irritation caused by pollution and other external factors.
#4 Reduce hair loss
Batana oil can also help reduce hair loss. The oleic acid in the oil can help improve circulation to the scalp and support healthy hair growth. It can also reduce dandruff and other scalp conditions that can lead to hair loss.
#5 Improves the appearance of colored hair
Batana oil can also be used to help improve the appearance of colored hair, as it helps to seal in the color. The oil is also known for its ability to help repair and protect chemically-treated hair.
#6 Batana oil grows hair
Batana oil helps to grow your hair by stimulating hair roots. The natural ingredients in the oil penetrate to the scalp and nourish the hair follicles, promoting healthy and strong hair growth. It helps to balance the pH level of the scalp, preventing hair loss.
#7 Skin Benefits
Some of the most common benefits of Batana oil for skin include its ability to moisturize the skin, reduce inflammation, and repair skin damage. It is also known to be non-comedogenic, meaning it won’t clog pores.
How to use Batana oil for hair and skin
- Massage the oil into your scalp and leave it on for an hour or two before washing it off.
- Apply the oil to damp hair and leave it on overnight for a deep conditioning treatment.
- Use as a pre-shampoo treatment to protect your hair from damage caused by heat styling.
- Use as a leave-in conditioner to keep hair soft and manageable.
- Use a cleanser to remove dirt and impurities from the affected site.
- Massage into the skin to help reduce wrinkles and fine lines.
- Apply as a moisturizer to help keep skin hydrated and nourished.
- Use as a treatment for dry, itchy skin.
- Use as an after-sun treatment to help soothe and protect skin.